If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please unsubscribe using the links provided on every email we send.
Myden.ie is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. The information we collect from you will be used by us to provide you with competitive quotes, and information on services we provide.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (myden.ie). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not use your data for goods and services or permit selected third parties to use your data.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services like those which were the subject of a previous sale to you and with your opted in consent.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Myden.ie or substantially all its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- The Google Analytics tracking cookie also allows us to access aggregates demographic and audience data from online behavioural advertising services. This information is only available to us at a group level, with no personal or identifiable information contained within it. It is used only for us to evaluate the effectiveness of the website and see how different groups of users use and respond to the site, and in no way, allow us to track people individually. You may opt out of this tracking by disabling cookies within your browser.
- Commercial Cookies: Myden.ie uses retargeting to advertise to our visitors on third party websites. We use commercial cookies to show personalised advertisements based on past visitors’ interaction with the website, for example when a user has not requested a quote during their visit.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the myden.ie website (our site). This AUP applies to all our site users and visitors.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this AUP, which supplement our Terms and Conditions of website use.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- No information of any type can be uploaded or saved onto this site which the user has not already saved elsewhere. Any information uploaded cannot have a monetary value to the user or contain any information that may benefit any other party.
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, copy, duplicate or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of website use
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Feedback / Reviews
Where interactive services are provided, we will provide clear information to you about the sort of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards. However, we will do our best to assess any possible risks for users, from third parties, when using any interactive service provided on our site, and in each case, we will decide whether it is appropriate to use moderation for the relevant service (including what kind of moderation) for those risks.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this AUP through your use of our site. When a breach of this AUP has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this AUP constitutes a material breach of the terms of our Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this AUP. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this AUP at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some provisions contained in this AUP may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.